Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How To Find Happiness - Life Changing Moments by Amna Mazin




This month, I am writing a series of blogs about my path to follow my dreams and what inspires & motivates me daily. Please join me every Monday and tell me about the secret to your daily motivation in the comments!

How To Find Happiness - by Amna Mazin

I had a few good friends recently ask me about where happiness comes from and how I stay positive. It made me think about how I came to be where I am now, running my own business and doing what I truly love. So I wanted to share what came to my head and hope this helps plant some seeds or reinforce some positive habits!

I remember almost four years ago, at my first job out of college, I had my first annual review with my manager. He asked me what my immediate goals were with the company and my future goals in the long-term. When it came to my future goals, I remember saying 'I just want to be happy!' My manager looked confused and took my answer as if to be excused by inexperience and naiveté. However, looking back, I feel I knew exactly what I wanted and am glad I stuck to that goal. Here I am, four years later, and SO MUCH closer to that long term goal than I was at that point in my life.

Here is a picture of me with my coworkers during our work trip to Hyderabad, India.

When I look back, I have these moments that stand out in my mind. These moments changed the course of my life forever. Here are the life changing moments that helped me realize WHAT I BELIEVE IN and WHO I WANT TO BE:

1. Watching The Secret
2. Taking a break
3. Becoming Fearless

More next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment