Monday, October 29, 2012

Everyday Rituals: Sharing Success


My last blog for October and my series on Everyday Rituals. I hope it's helped you think about your own rituals and maybe make new ones!

Sharing Success

I have seen a lot of success and met many individuals who are notebook successful. I have realized that the most successful people are those who truly trust the people around them. I strongly believe that success should be shared.

I remember at first feeling quite fearful to start pursuing my dream of creating a dance company. I knew that Los Angeles, maybe more than any other city in the United States, is full of dancers, dance studios, and people trying to make it. However, after I took the first step, I quickly realized there is more than enough demand to go around for everyone! There are so few of us actually trying to go after our dreams just due to fear that we allow a huge monopoly by the few who dared to take the plunge. If all of us who took the plunge to follow our passion did so with a spirit of camaraderie, I strongly believe that the world would be such a better place.

Sharing with my wonderful students!
Sharing success creates more opportunities and more success. But by closing the door behind us after us, we are stripping our community from the potential to grow. If we have seen success at any level whether through spirituality, relationship, motherhood, career, or anything else, it is our responsibility to leave the door open behind us and let others in so they may open more doors, By paying it forward, we can create an infinite formula to success! Can you imagine that? A world full of people following their passion, being successful, and creating more and more opportunities for success such as the first telephone, the Internet, cell phones, televisions, a Black President!!! We are creating the future of the world every day, so why not make it with a world full of happy, successful people by learning to fearlessly share our success?

How do you share your success?

No comments:

Post a Comment