Monday, October 15, 2012

Everyday Rituals: Daily Thank Yous and Knowing that Everything will be Fine!

Aside from the Everyday Rituals I learned from The Four Agreements, here are some other rituals inspired by my experiences, people, books, movies, and life in general!
 
Daily Thank Yous!

Every day I go out to my  balcony and look at the nature around me. I appreciate the trees, the colors of the sky, the sun on my skin. And I literally say Thank You for everything I have – the delicious coffee I am drinking, the food I am able to enjoy, the dream that I get closer to each day, the family and friends I am blessed with, the people that made me smile yesterday – nothing is too little or big.
 
Thanking traffic for allowing me to experience this wonderful view!

I used to pray for things, asking for more instead of merely appreciating what I had. Now, I simply say Thank You not only for what I was blessed with yesterday and today, but also for what I will be blessed with tomorrow. I have created such a habit of being grateful that I do it as a reaction! For instance, I recently got distracted while driving and saw the car in front of me just in time to brake and avoid an accident. The first thought that came to me was THANK YOU! If I have a really long day and feel exhausted, and one of my private sessions calls to cancel, I automatically say 'Thank You' to the universe. When I come home to my beautiful little cat, I thank her for the love and peace she brings to my life. Saying thank you can be the reason you smile more every day! This kind of positive energy is free and it surrounds us. This will automatically help you to focus on the good!
 
Know That Everything Will Be Fine

When you stop worrying, you will be amazed at how everything works out! It always does! And when I mean stop worrying, I don't mean pretend to not worry by not talking about it, yet constantly worrying about it in your thoughts. Really BELIEVE that everything will be just fine, have faith in it! Clearly this will not work if you are just sitting on your couch all day, every day, not worrying about your bills. But if you are taking action towards your goals every day, then let go of your worries!
 
 I cannot tell you how many times in the past two years, I started to worry about not making enough for rent next month. But right away, I tell myself 'Don't worry Amna, you will be fine! Everything will work out!' That helps me clear my mind so I can create goals to help me make money this month, such as teaching at gyms, contacting more schools, etc. And the next month arrives and I am able to comfortably pay for all my bills! Wow!

Clearing my mind thanks to nature's gifts!
 
I have created goals without even knowing how I would achieve them. Yet, I knew it would happen if I just put effort towards that goal everyday. I challenged my comfort zone just by the power of knowing it can be done. When you know the finish line and have disciplined yourself to take action everyday, you achieve the goal! And once you achieve it, what's next? Saying thank you.  Thank You is my next reflexive response. Gratitude and Faith is further ingrained into my belief system, and it has allowed me to avoid being paralyzed by worry.

What do you say Thank You for?

No comments:

Post a Comment