Monday, October 22, 2012

Everyday Rituals: Finding Love in Every Situation

This one is one of my favorite Everyday Rituals!

Finding Love in Every Situation

This may sound a little corny but it has personally helped me through many situations. Once I realized the power of positive energy, I committed myself to transforming my characteristics to embody positivity by turning away from negativity. I had to fight emotions of anger, jealousy, victimization, intolerance, pity, hatred, bitterness, etc. But then I realized that we are ALL one! The homeless person crossing the street, the friend that only complains, the coworker that shows off all her new Louis Vuitton purses, the uncle who never agrees with you – they are ALL A PART OF ME! I could have just as easily been born into that person's life and body. They could be suffering from circumstances that I was blessed to never experience.

Love everywhere!

This simple truth reminds me to see the best in every person and to see the best in every situation. Sometimes we feel that no, that person is wrong and I am not backing out from this argument – but guess what, that is your ego and pride talking. Once we let that stubbornness go and try to embrace LOVE in that situation, we will automatically try to understand and accept. Even if we disagree, we accept and understand. This has a stronger effect on you than it does on the other person, because it relieves you of your ego and any negative emotions that come along with it. Finding love does not mean always agreeing, and it does not mean you have to spend time with that person every day. But what it does is help you refine feelings of humility, tolerance, acceptance, and understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment